Thursday, March 27, 2008

Attempt # Too many

I've attempted blogs, diarys, flickers, blah blah blah's, so many times before. I never had a lot to say. I think I finally have enough to say to keep this going. We'll give it a shot!

I am Shelley - Mom to James and Garrett. James, the main subject of this blog, is 3 years old (February 2005) and is severely verbally apraxic. He is beautiful, smart, funny and witty - just with less words. Garrett is barreling towards 1 year old (May 2007) and about as happy of a baby that you will ever see.

I hope to share our story and get some sort of awareness out there about speech and language disorders, specifically apraxia. I fully admit to giving weird looks to children who didn't speak or didn't speak as clearly, until I was served up a big ol' slice of humble pie and given the gift of James. We are learning together. He's learning to speak and I am learning about patience, tolerance and advocacy.

I hope to use this blog to document his progress and give any tips that I pick up along the way for the Parents of Newly diagnosed children.

No comments: